(Last Modified: 8 May 2020)
- UNeed is a wholly owned brand by Changi Travel Services Pte. Ltd. (“CTS”).
- Please note that CTS is only providing a platform for Users to obtain or procure Services. Depending on the Service in question, the Services may be supplied by CTS or a Third Party Provider. Where the Service is provided by a Third Party Provider, CTS’ role is merely to link the User with such Third Party Provider. CTS is not responsible for the acts and/or omissions of any Third Party Provider and any liability in relation to such Services shall be borne by the Third Party Provider.
- “Application” means the relevant mobile application(s) made available for download by CTS (or its licensors) to Users and Third Party Providers respectively;
- “Personal Data” is any information which can be used to identify you or from which you are identifiable. This includes but is not limited to your name, nationality, telephone number, bank and credit card details, personal interests, email address, your image, government-issued identification numbers, biometric data, race, date of birth, marital status, religion, health information, vehicle and insurance information;
- “Platform” means the relevant technology platform, portal or website that, when used in conjunction with the Application, enables Users to request or access Service;
- “Service” means the linking of Users to Third Party Providers or other Users through the Application, Platform and/or Software;
- “Software” means any software associated with the Application which is supplied made available for download and installation by CTS;
- “Solutions” means all and any other services which are made available to Users through the Service;
- “Third Party Provider” means the independent third parties who provide the relevant Solutions to Users through the Service, including drivers, delivery partners and third party merchants;
- “User” means any person who uses the Application, Platform and/or Software to search for and obtain the Solutions; and
- “User Charges” shall mean charges incurred by Users for the Solutions obtained through the use of the Service, including any applicable tolls, taxes and any other fees or charges that may be due for a particular use of the Service or Solutions.
- Representations, Warranties and Undertakings
- By using the Service, you represent, warrant / undertake that:
- You have legal capacity to enter into the Agreement and that you are at least eighteen (18) years old.;
- All the information which you provide shall be true and accurate;
- You will only use the Application, Platform and Service for their intended and lawful purposes;
- You will keep your account password or any identification we provide you which allows access to the Service secure and confidential;
- You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security;
- You will not try to interrupt or harm the Service, Application and/or the Software in any way;
- You will not attempt to commercially exploit any part of the Application without our permission, including without limitation modify any of the Application’s content in any way, or copy, reproduce, publicly display, distribute or otherwise use or communicate them for any public or commercial purpose without our permission;
- You shall not impair or circumvent the proper operation of the network which the Service operates on;
- You will not authorize others to use your identity or user status, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your user account to any other person or entity;
- You will provide us with whatever proof of identity or any other documents, permits, licenses or approvals which we may reasonably request or require;
- You will not use the Application for sending or storing any unlawful material or for fraudulent purposes;
- You will not use the Application and/or the Software to cause nuisance or behave in an inappropriate or disrespectful manner towards CTS or any third party;
- When using the Service, you agree to comply with all laws applicable to you and/or your use of the Service;
- You will not copy, or distribute the Software or other content without written permission from CTS;
- You will provide accurate, current and complete information as required for the Service and undertake the responsibility to maintain and update your information in a timely manner to keep it accurate, current and complete at all times during the term of the Agreement. You agree that CTS may rely on your information as accurate, current and complete and acknowledge that if your information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete in any respect, CTS has the right to terminate this Agreement and your use of the Service at any time with or without notice;
- You will only use an access point or data account which you are authorized to use;
- You agree that the Service is provided on a reasonable effort basis;
- You agree to assist CTS with any internal or external investigations as may be required by CTS in complying with any prevailing laws or regulations in place;
- You agree to assume full responsibility and liability for all loss or damage suffered by yourself, CTS or any other party as a result of your breach of this Agreement;
- You will not utilise modified devices or applications with the intent of evading detections or facilitating any activities intended to defraud CTS or to disrupt the natural functions of the Application;
- Your use of the Service is for your own sole, personal use;
- You warrant that you are of full age under the applicable laws where age restrictions may apply for some Solutions;
- You shall not contact the Third Party Provider for purposes other than the Service;
- You shall not intentionally or unintentionally cause or attempt to cause damage to the Third Party Provider;
- Where applicable, you will not create or compile, directly or indirectly, any collection, compilation or other directory from any content displayed on the Application or Platform except for your personal, non-commercial use;
- Where applicable, you will not copy any content displayed through the Application or Platform, including any third party product content and reviews, for republication in any format or media;
- You acknowledge and agree that only one (1) account can be registered on one device; and
- You are aware that when requesting Solutions by SMS or by using the Service, standard telecommunication charges will apply.
Different models or versions browsers and devices may have firmware or settings that are not compatible with the Application, Platform and/or Software. While we continuously develop the Application, Platform and Software in order to, as far as possible, support all commonly used devices and models in markets and all browsers where the Application and Platform are likely to be accessed from, we do not warrant compatibility of the Application, Platform and/or Software with specific mobile devices or other hardware.
- License Grant and Restrictions
- CTS and its licensors, where applicable, grant you a revocable, non-exclusive, non- transferable, limited license to use and access the Application and/or the Software to use the Service, subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by CTS and its licensors.
- You shall not:
- license, sublicense, sell, transfer, assign, distribute or otherwise commercially exploit or make available to any third party the Application and/or the Software in any way;
- modify or make derivative works based on the Application and/or the Software;
- “mirror” the Application / Software on any other server or wireless or internet-based device;
- except to the extent such restriction is prohibited under applicable law, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, decrypt or attempt to derive and code or extract software from, the Application or any software or services made available on or through the Application;
- use any manual or automated program or script, including but not limited to web spiders, web crawlers, web robots, web ants, web indexers, bots, viruses or worms, or any program which may make multiple server requests per second, (a) to unduly burden or hinder the operation and/or performance of the Application; (b) to conduct data mining or scraping activities, or (c) in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Application or its content;
- post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained on the Application or Platform; or
- use the Application to: (a) send spam or otherwise duplicative or unsolicited messages; (b) send or store infringing, obscene, threatening, libelous, or otherwise unlawful or tortious material, including but not limited to materials harmful to children or violative of third party privacy rights; (c) send material containing software viruses, worms, trojan horses or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents or programs; (d) interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Application or the data contained therein; (e) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Application or its related software, systems or networks; (f) impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or (g) engage in any conduct that could possibly damage our reputation or amount to being disreputable.
- Users are required to make full payment of the User Charges for all services offered in the Application and a fee to CTS (“Service Fee“) by the method selected at the time of booking, which may be cash, or one of the automated payment methods available to you on the Application. Any payment pursuant to such selection is non-refundable and irrevocable.
- Automated payment may be made by credit card and or debit card, alternative e-Wallets or where available by such other methods as are made available in the Application.
You may cancel your request for Service only if the Third Party Provider that has been matched with you by the Service allows cancellation and cancellation is made in accordance with the Third Party Provider’s cancellation policies.
Any complaints between Third Party Providers and Users must be taken up with each other directly.
- Damages to Third Party Providers
- Intellectual Property Ownership
You agree that this Agreement is subject to all prevailing statutory taxes, duties, fees, charges and/or costs, however denominated, as may be applicable from time to time. You shall comply with all applicable laws and take all steps required to enable, assist and/or defend CTS to claim or verify any input tax credit, set off, rebate or refund in respect of any taxes paid or payable in connection with the Service.
- Data Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy
- You acknowledge that CTS may disclose Personal Data of other individuals to you in the course of your use of CTS’ Services. You represent and warrant that you will only use such Personal Data for the purpose for which it was disclosed to you by CTS, and not for any other unauthorized purposes.
- Third Party Interactions
- CTS may rely on third party advertising and marketing supplied through the Service and other mechanisms to subsidize the Service and/or to earn additional revenue.
- You agree and allow CTS to compile and release information regarding you and your use of the Service on an anonymous basis as part of a customer profile or similar report or analysis. You agree that it is your responsibility to take all precautions in all actions and interactions with any third party you interact with through the Service and/or advertising or marketing material supplied by third parties through the Service.
- We may include hyperlinks to other websites or content on the Internet that are owned or operated by third parties (“Third Party Links“). Such Third Party Links are not under our control and we are not liable for any errors, omissions, delays, defamation, libel, slander, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, inaccuracy or any other objectionable material contained in the content, or the consequences of accessing, any linked website. Any hyperlinks to any other websites or content are not an endorsement or verification of such websites or content and you agree that your access to or use of such linked websites or content is entirely at your own risk.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- CTS makes no representation, warranty or guarantee as to the reliability, timeliness, quality, suitability, availability, accuracy or completeness of the Service, Software, Application or Platform. CTS does not represent or warrant that (a) the use of the Service, Software, Application or Platform will be secure, uninterrupted, free of errors or other harmful components, or operate in combination with any other hardware, software, system or data, (b) will meet your requirements or expectations, (c) any stored data will be accurate or reliable, or (d) the quality of any products, services, information or other materials purchased or obtained by you through the Application will meet your requirements or expectations. The Service is provided to you strictly on an “as is” basis. All conditions, representations and warranties, including any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of third party rights, are hereby excluded to the extent permissible by law.
- CTS makes no representation or warranty of any kind whatsoever, express or implied, in respect of Solutions provided by Third Party Providers or any Solutions procured through the use of the Service. You agree that you shall bear all risk arising out of your use of the Service and any Solution provided by Third Party Providers and shall have no recourse to CTS in respect of the same.
- Where applicable, CTS’ role as collection agent is solely mechanical and administrative in nature and CTS does not owe to you a duty of care or any fiduciary duties.
- Internet Delays
The Service, Platform, Application and/or the Software may be subject to limitations, delays and other problems inherent in the use of the internet and electronic communications including the device used by you or the third party provider being faulty, not connected, out of range, switched off or not functioning. CTS is not responsible for any delays, delivery failures, damages or losses resulting from such problems.
- Limitation of Liability
- Unless otherwise stated, and to the fullest extent allowed by law, any claims against CTS by you shall be limited to the aggregate amount of all amounts actually paid by you and/or due from you in utilising the Service during the event giving rise to such claims. CTS and/or its licensors shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury which may be incurred by or caused to you or to any person for whom you have booked the Service or Solution, including but not limited to:
- Loss, damage or injury arising out of, or in any way connected with the Service, the Platform, Application and/or the Software;
- The use of inability to use the Service, the Platform, Application and/or the Software;
- Any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising; or
- As a result of any relationship or transaction between you and any User, Third Party Provider, merchant, advertiser or sponsor whose advertising appears on the website or is referred to by the Service, the Application and/or the Software, even if CTS and/or its licensors have been previously advised of the possibility of such damages.
- CTS does not warrant or represent that it assess or monitors the suitability, legality, ability, movement or location of any Users or Third Party Providers including merchants, advertisers and/or sponsors and you expressly waive and release CTS from any and all liability, claims or damages arising from or in any way related to the Users or Third Party Providers, including merchants, advertisers and/or sponsors.
- CTS will not be a party to disputes or negotiations of disputes between you and Users or Third Party Providers including merchants, advertisers and/or sponsors. Responsibility for the decisions you make regarding services and products offered via the Service, the Software and/or the Application (with all its implications) rests solely with and on you. You expressly waive and release CTS from any and all liability, claims, causes of actions, or damages arising from your use of the Service, the Software and/or the Application, or in any way related to the third parties, including merchants, advertisers and/or sponsors introduced to you by the Service, the Software and/or the Application.
- The quality of the Solutions scheduled through the use of the Service is entirely the responsibility of the Third Party Provider who ultimately provides such Solution to the User. You understand, therefore, that by using the Service, you may be exposed to services and/or products that are potentially dangerous, offensive, harmful, unsafe or otherwise objectionable and that you use the Service at your own risk.
CTS may give notice through the Application, electronic mail to your email address in the records of CTS, or by written communication sent by registered mail or pre-paid post to your address in the records of CTS. Such notice shall be deemed to have been given upon the expiration of 48 hours after mailing or posting (if sent by registered mail or pre-paid post) or 1 hour after sending (if sent by email). You may give notice to CTS (such notice shall be deemed given when received by CTS) by letter sent by courier or registered mail to CTS using the contact details as provided in the Application.
- Dispute Resolution
- Entire Agreement
This Agreement comprises the entire agreement between you and CTS in relation to the matters stated herein and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous negotiations or discussions.
- Suspension and Termination
- You agree that we may do any of the following, at any time and without any compensation to you, without notice:
- modify, suspend or terminate operation of or access to the Application, or any portion of the Application (including access to your account and/or the availability of any products or services), for any reason;
- modify or change any applicable policies or terms; and
- interrupt the operation of the Application or any portion of the Application (including access to your account and/or the availability of any products or services), as necessary to perform routine or non-routine maintenance, error correction, or other changes.
- No Third Party Rights
Except for the parties who are indemnified pursuant to the indemnification provisions set out herein, this Agreement does not give rights to any third parties who are not party to this Agreement.